The digital era is already changing the transport sector enormously.
However, increasing customer demand and expectations mean continuous improvements are vital.
The transport sector are increasingly adopting technologies to increase operational efficiency and improve customer service.
Example technologies include:
- EPOS and contactless payments (card/phone/oyster)
- QR code tickets scanners on trains
- Increase of free Wi-Fi
- Timetable applications (Trainline/Citymapper)
The above all rely on mobile connectivity, that needs to be consistently reliable for the systems to be effective.
Even with the increase in 4G coverage, the connection is not always the most reliable.
Onwave offer solutions for the reliably and seamless connection of people, places and assets:
- Rapidly set-up new sites or operations.
- WAN in a van using all 4 mobile networks to maximise coverage, bandwidth and reliability.
- Robust and reliable connectivity to enable collaboration and drive up productivity.
- Wearable technologies and sensors toe monitor the safety of lone workers.
- Public wireless networks to expand existing connections and provide public Wi-Fi, manage and collate data via social media login.